As a fertile ground for investment, East Asia presents vast opportunities and challenges, commercially, financially and culturally. Whether taking their first steps into the market or cementing their operations there, clients rely on our deep understanding of the region’s distinct cultures, business mentality, and legal frameworks, including local administrative and regulatory implications.
Clients benefit from our extensive experience guiding and advising Israeli-based entities in their establishment, expansion, and partnerships in East Asia. Furthermore, we also frequently act as counsel to prominent East Asian entities and investors in seeking and consummating their projects in Israel, be it in the technology sector or other cutting-edge sectors. Our in-depth knowledge and presence in the Israeli transactional market allows us to provide valuable legal and business insights to our East Asian clients for every aspect of their journey.
We have a rich practice, comprised of distinguished lawyers unparalleled in their expertise of the sector and specializing in international commercial and transactional affairs. We offer a comprehensive service, working seamlessly with our firm’s various other expert practices, enabling us to handle full-scale collaborations and investments involving internationally renowned East Asian entities, both in Israel and across East Asia.
Through our various ventures with our East Asian clients and partners, we have attained the skills and mastered the details of undertaking transactions in in East Asia and have developed relationships with various players in East Asia to help our clients realize the potential available.
We offer a wide range of legal services and assistance to our East Asian clients as they explore opportunities in Israel. Our comprehensive services include:
- M&A and cross-border transactions involving East Asian investors and funds
- Private Equity and Venture Capital investments
- Joint ventures and collaborations with local entities
- Filing patent applications and trademark registrations in China
- Infrastructure solutions, including BOT projects, establishment of factories, and production facilities
- Representation of High-Tech companies and ‘start-ups’ in their dealings with East Asian investors
- Distribution agreements, licensing agreements, and other retail related agreements
- Representation of Chinese purchasers before the Innovation Authority (formerly the Office of the Chief Scientist), the Capital Market Authorities, and others
- Performing due diligence processes
- Representation of Sirius Insurance and its controlling shareholder, China Minsheng Investment Group (CMIG), in its NIS2.5 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Phoenix Insurance.
- Handling the acquisition of a controlling interest in Partner Communications by the Saban Group in consideration for approximately US$400 million from the Chinese conglomerate, Hutchison Whampoa.
- Representation of XIO Group, a Shanghai-based private equity firm, in the potential acquisition of Meitav Dash, a leading Israeli investment house, for NIS1.5 billion.
- Representation of an Israeli market leader in the field of micro irrigation solutions in the proposed sale of all its assets to Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., a company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Advising Chroma ATE Inc., a publically listed company in Taiwan, in its purchase of 20% of the share capital in Chemtek Ltd., a dual-listed company on the NASDAQ and TASE, for approximately NIS300 million.
- Advising Motorola Solutions Inc., on its sale of its entire holdings in BriefCam to Japanese imaging pioneer, Canon, for approximately NIS325 million.
- Advising Lumenis Ltd., in obtaining a credit facility from HSBC and in its ensuing expansion in East Asia.
- Representing Hong-Kong based Mandarin Oriental in establishing the first hotel in Israel bearing its prestigious name.
- Representation of Ningxia Qinglong Pipes Industry Co., Ltd. (traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange) in connection with certain contemplated acquisitions in Israel.
- Handling the establishment of a joint venture between Israeli-owned Chinese company Daimei Artwork (Shanghai) Ltd., and the Greenland Group, for the purposes of opening a chain of diamond centers throughout China.
- Representation of Arbe Robotics, an innovator in 4D imaging radar, in its Series B investment round of NIS112 million led by the Sino-Israeli fund Catalyst CEL.
- Representation of Xsight Systems, a leading provider of cutting-edge airport runway management solutions, in a governmental bidding process in respect of the installation of a major system at the new Beijing Daxing International Airport.
- Representation of Nisko Electricity in corporate and banking aspects related to a Hong Kong-based subsidiary.
- Advising Kaymera Technologies Ltd., a global pioneer in the cyber-security field, in a sale of its assets to SCT Solutions Ltd., as part of a Chinese consortium, for approximately NIS175 million.
- Representation of BFree, the international baby products vendor, in a joint venture with Polybell (Guangzhou) Limited regarding manufacturing and distribution of BFree’s products throughout the PRC.